Multiphase Flow Analysis
Our next-generation software is designed to perform measurements in real-time, either on single probes or on dual probes:
- the probe signal is digitalized with a PicoScope®;
- a real-time signal analysis computes the void fraction and the velocity — either by measuring the travel time between the two tips of a dual probe, or by measuring the rise time of the liquid-to-gas transitions;
- the analog signal is also transformed to logical gas/liquid chronograms, in order to be compatible with ISO3.
Dionysos makes it possible to monitor probe signal without any time limitation. Supports up to 8 channels.
Our historical software has been matured over the last 20 years and performs a deferred data analysis on dual optical probes:
- probe signals is transformed to logical levels (gas/liquid) by an FPGA;
- logical signals are acquired for an pre-determined time (or number of bubbles/droplets) to get statistically-significant data;
- a well-proven software analysis is performed on the saved data to compute the velocity and the granulometry (bubble size distribution of the current flow.
This old-school software is still our reference for industrial needs, where a large number of probes (up to 16 channels) must be measured.